- School cutbacks put 'education system at risk'Head teachers say government required savings risk destabilising education.
- University fee increases pushed throughAlmost all universities in England can increase fees each year up to 2020, in a last minute deal to push through legislation.
- Overseas aid 'should focus on education', say MPsAt least 10% of the UK's aid budget should be spent on international education, say MPs
- V&A museum plans to revive design skillsA schools project is launched to fill the gap in creating a new generation of designers.
- Malaysian warden investigated for murder of schoolboyThe assistant warden at a private Islamic school allegedly beat the boy, who later died.
- Private schools should offer parents 'thank-yous', says ex-Eton headOffering benefits like discounted flights could generate a school community feeling, says Tony Little.
- Hungary education law: EU to take legal action amid university rowThe EU is taking legal action against Hungary over a law tightening control on foreign universities.
- New president elected by National Union of StudentsShakira Martin campaigned as a "black single mother from a working-class family" who had made the most of new opportunities.
Central Learning Partnership Trust is underpinned by a moral purpose: to change lives for the better. We are committed to improving the life chances of our young people, to optimise their feeling of self-worth, to develop their resilience and in turn their capacity to embrace the challenges that lie ahead.
Above all else, we encourage pupils to be ambitious for themselves, their families and communities. Success is the birth-right of every individual, and schools must be relentless in their drive to ensure that this is delivered.