- Head resigns over school funding crisisA head teacher has told parents she is resigning in protest over school funding shortages.
- Pupils to sit times tables check from 2019Pupils in England will sit a times tables check, from 2019, at the end of their primary schooling.
- Prince Harry praises teacher 'compassion'The best teachers go beyond academic lessons to pass on lessons in compassion, says Prince Harry.
- Prince Harry: Best teachers go beyond text booksPrince Harry explains what he thinks the best teachers can do for pupils.
- 'More spent on free schools as older buildings deteriorate'The government has pledged billions for free schools while existing buildings are deteriorating, watchdog finds.
- NICE advice to look for 'soft' signs of child abuseSigns may include excessive clinginess, recurrent nightmares or over-friendliness towards strangers.
- Ohio policeman helps girl, 10, with maths homeworkBrave Lt BJ Gruber, of Marion, Ohio, offered up his help without realising the subject was maths.
- Teacher shortage getting worse, say MPsThe government is failing to tackle "significant teacher shortages"' in England, MPs say.
Central Learning Partnership Trust is underpinned by a moral purpose: to change lives for the better. We are committed to improving the life chances of our young people, to optimise their feeling of self-worth, to develop their resilience and in turn their capacity to embrace the challenges that lie ahead.
Above all else, we encourage pupils to be ambitious for themselves, their families and communities. Success is the birth-right of every individual, and schools must be relentless in their drive to ensure that this is delivered.